Did You Know?
That Persian monks carried their smuggled silkworms to the west by concealing them in their bamboo staffs.
Bamboo is the fastest growing plant in the world, some can grow up to 3 feet a day. It absorbs greenhouse gases during growth and provides 5 times more oxygen than the equivalent surface area of trees. Also, Bamboo does not require fertilizer. If cared for, planted and used properly it can do wonders to Earth and all of us, like how it help and sustained lives in so many ways and in so many parts of the world for thousands of years.
Bamboo Invasiveness and Control Statement
By The American Bamboo Society
American Bamboo Society
The American Bamboo Society accepts membership and they have various chapters all over America. A great organization dedicated for promoting the beauty and utility of bamboo.
Ten Reasons to Like Bamboo:
• Lush green evokes tropical settings and meditative refuge
• Fast growing plants quickly create a privacy screen
• Once established, it is drought-resistant, deer-resistant and tolerant of pollutants
• Attractive to nesting birds
• Many are evergreen species that offer year-round interest and windbreaks
• Rhizome roots stop bank erosion
• Towering stems create groves and make for a sheltered setting
• Guzzles greenhouse gases and releases 35% more oxygen than native trees
• Makes edible, yummy shoots
• A renewable resource that can be harvested for lots of uses.
Source: American Bamboo Society
The first bamboo organ in the world. This is a really unique instrument that has so much history attached to it. Constructed between 1787 and 1819, the pipes of this organ are made of bamboos.
More | Pictures
The Bamboo Organ Foundation Inc.
Great Gift Idea for your little or big musicians.
"Kingflute Panflute plays well. I highly recommend it for beginners and professionals.
Tone quality, intonation, and workmanship is excellent.
Greg White Hunt
Bamboo Alchemy Instruments